To submit their candidacy and be considered in the community vote to elect 5 judges of the first cohort, each participant must meet the following criteria:
- have a full professional proficiency in English.
- be a certified legal professional.
- be prepared to commit 1h per week, for the duration of 6 months.
- be a Nation3 citizen (or be prepared to become one).
- at the commencement of their term, be prepared to lock 2 $NATION as collateral in the agreement with the DAO, and top it up with 1 $NATION each subsequent month, until their total collateral reaches 6 $NATION. This collateral is required to guarantee the agreement between each judge and the Nation3 DAO, therefore ensuring the Court system operates as it should
- be prepared to enter into this agreement with the DAO, if elected (as well as sign your agreement with the Nation3 Constitution (currently a draft))
The elected Judges will be compensated at the rate of 1 $NATION per month (this compensation is likely to scale once the test phase is complete, together with the value of agreements and time commitment required).
If you think you meet these requirements, please submit your candidacy as a Forum proposal posted to Nation3 Court - Judges Election (this category), including:
- the following statement: “I, [your name] understand, and agree to enter into, the agreement with the Nation3 DAO to fulfil my role as a Judge in the Supreme Court of Nation3, should I be elected by community vote”
- your legal qualifications
- relevant legal experience (e.g. contract law, corporate & employment law, business disputes, as well as any type of dispute resolution).
- relevant Web3 experience or research
Submissions are open until 24/12/2022, and the community vote will start on Snapshot shortly after, according to the Nation3 governance process.