Proposal: ๐Ÿง™ Developers Guild Roadmap

In response to Open Call for Projects and Guild Roadmaps

:mage: Developers Guild

A guild focusing on the Nation3 interfaces & products, such as Passports, veNATION locks, and more in the future

Dework board: https://app.dework.xyz/nation3/develop-1

Measurable Objectives

• Support other guilds with development work, for example pull request reviews and testing.
  • Complete the development of the Nation3 Mobile Passport (Google Pay integration).
  • Development of new functionalities and maintenance of GitHub - nation3/app: Nation3 citizen app (smart contracts + UI).
  • At least 2 approved reviews of each pull request before merging. Reviews increase code quality, so this work will also be compensated.
  • Add ./github/CODEOWNERS to each GitHub repo so that new Nation3 developers will know who to assign as PR reviewers.
  • Handling bug reports and feature requests submitted at Issues ยท nation3/app ยท GitHub and via Discord.
  • Add a wiki for Nation3 developers. Document some pragmatic standards (which may be on the code review process for now). Write contributing guidelines.
  • Introduce unit tests and code coverage as part of the code infrastructure. Add unit tests for calculations (ui/pages/lock.tsx, etc), and run the unit tests on every commit.
  • Layer in some static code analysis to our builds as a start on an InfoSec workstream.

Completion Date

Recurring.

Compensation :banana::gorilla:

3.5 $NATION per week allocated by fellow apes in the :mage: Developers Guild Coordinape Circle: Coordinape

Members: @0xGallego @aahna @johnmark13 @luis @greg

These Circle members are contributors who 1) have selected the Developers Guild role in Discord, and 2) are actively contributing value to Nation3 development work. The member list will be kept up-to-date on a weekly basis.

Other Costs Associated With Task Completion

None.

Total Budget Per Month and for the Overall 3-Month Period

15 $NATION per month. 45 $NATION per quarter.

6 Likes

I love this. I would add that with the two reviewers initiative we are starting to have some rudimentary coding standards. I know I know. I think it would be beneficial to document some pragmatic standards (which may be on the code review process for now) and also layer in some static code analysis to our builds as a start on an InfoSec workstream.

1 Like

Thanks, @johnmark13. Added your suggestions to the Measurable Objectives list.

Totally support this. Apart from the basic comp for this guild, Iโ€™d imagine that contributors will keep claiming Dework tasks/submitting their own budgets for isolated projects.

1 Like

Update Jul 7: Added these two additional points to the list of objectives:

• Support other guilds with development work, for example pull request reviews and testing.
  • Complete the development of the Nation3 Mobile Passport (Google Pay integration).