Proposal: Set Q4 2022 goals

If the North Star metrics governance proposal passes, the next logical step is to define how to measure those metrics and set goals to meet in the next quarter.

In terms of criteria to measure, I would propose:

• Number of active citizens: Citizens with a NationCred score higher than X during the last 4 weeks of the quarter
  • Value secured by the Nation3 jurisdiction: Equivalent amount of BTC staked in Collateral Agreements secured by Nation3 Court. Measuring in USD makes us prone to market externalities, while measuring in NATION creates a perverse incentive for the value of the token not to grow so it’s easier to reach the goal

For Q4 2022, let’s have a discussion about the particular numbers we should target. Just to get the ball rolling, let’s say:

• 50 active citizens: Trying to target a NationCred score equivalent to a citizen devoting 1h/week to Nation3
  • 1 BTC: In my opinion this is more of a symbolic figure, since the important milestone will be to launch the court (plus everything required like recruiting jurors, drafting meta-agreements…) and heavily test it, not to pursue growth yet

After having set this metrics, then guilds can start working on initiatives to increase them, thus creating sub-objectives with their own KPIs.

Check out the PR on the gov proposals repo.

7 Likes

@luis If citizen activity will be based on the NationCred score, I suggest we build a new SourceCred plugin for measuring Snapshot voting activity.

2 Likes

Discord active added bonus

OK,cool,use BTC for what?

Just as a price reference. Using USD is prone to crypto market cycles, and using NATION creates a perverse incentive (low NATION price would make easier to meet the goals), so BTC seems best.

1 Like

@aahna have we defined what makes an active citizen, or are we still working on measuring activity?

In terms of the Court and 1 BTC in the jurisdiction, I’m sad to say that we won’t make it to this year, but we were close. Breakdown of where we are:

• The frontend for users to enter agreements is almost done, and so is the judges frontend, and the contracts, and the Constitution. But unfortunately not ready to launch in the next couple weeks.
  • The main issue on the frontend side has been not having a reliable person working on this every day. I have been scattered across many things, and all the weight has fallen on @0xGallego on the coding front. This will be fixed as soon as we onboard a full-time frontend person on the Solar Guild.

I’d propose rolling the same North Star metric (AUM in the jurisdiction), but increasing the amount of BTC staked in the Jurisdiction for Q1 2023. Our current target for launch is end of Jan, so we would have two months to onboard users, therefore justifying a higher number of BTC staked in the Jurisdiction.

2 Likes

@luis Yes, an active citizen is defined as someone who has a NationCred score >= 1.00 every week for the past 4 weeks (see activity sample):

I looked at the numbers, and we are typically hovering between 8 and 10 active citizens each week:

We also know that the number of voting citizens averages 20:

• N3GOV-25: 16 votes
  • N3GOV-24: 21 votes
  • N3GOV-23: 27 votes
  • N3GOV-22: 12 votes
  • N3GOV-21: 27 votes
  • N3GOV-20: 17 votes

The goal we put was 50 active citizens by Q4 2022, and we reached 20% of that goal. At this point we have 10 active citizens and 20 voting citizens.

3 Likes

Makes sense, thanks!