Stake Capital Group Treasury Management Proposal <> Nation3(NATION)
This proposal outlines the indicative terms of an agreement for the treasury management services (the “Agreement”) to be provided by Stake Capital for NATION3, and provides relevant background on Stake Capital. The aim of this proposal is to seek approval from the community.
Stake Capital Group: Who are we?
Founded in 2016, Stake Capital is a $1B+ AUM Group that is combining quantitative techniques with asset management, investment banking experience and a sophisticated understanding of cryptocurrency to identify, capture and risk manage opportunities across multiple markets.
- DeFi Strategies : Designed to extract maximum value from protocols’ tokenomic models.
- Smart-beta / thematics Long-only strategies : Designed to outperform traditional benchmarks by tilting the composition.
- Yield enhancement risk premia Long-short strategies : Designed to provide a positive return profile (earned for bearing a specific risk) with a low correlation to traditional assets (ex: carry or yield enhancement solutions).
- Tail Hedging : is an effective way to limit losses in adverse markets. It enables investors to stick with their long-term positions through a bearish market. The Stake Capital approach favors cost-effective solutions that balance protection against dominant risks in a portfolio with long-run returns.
- Arbitrage Yield and cross DEX Arbitrage Strategies : Designed to exploit market inefficiencies and price discrepancies among different instruments (Spot, Futures, Perpetuals, Options, etc)
- Liquidation Strategies : developed by acting as an agnostic actor, checking liquidation levels, profiting from price discounts and maintaining price stability in the DeFi lending market
- Tailor-made Options Investment Solutions : We can provide dedicated structured products tailored to each client’s risk appetite and investment objectives (e.g DNT, Twin Win, Daily Range Accrual, Strips of Digitals, Reverse Convertible, etc…)
Treasury Management Proposal
Stake Capital Group is proposing to manage a certain amount of Nation3’s capital under the following conditions:
Nation3 will provide a minimum agreed sum of 1m USDC (or equivalent)
The coins accepted by Stake Capital have to be discussed and agreed between both parties in advance
Stake Capital Group cannot guarantee to make a profit by managing Nation3’asset. The capital is not guaranteed as all the investments below, even in stable coin, face smart contract and protocol hack risks.
Stake Capital Group will actively manage Nation3’s fund by investing in different strategies, example of strategies are suggested below. The strategies will be pre-agreed between both parties.
All the APY shown below are based on last week’s APY on Stake DAO protocol and is only an estimation for indication purpose. This APY is constantly changing due to demand/ask/volume/market conditions.
For Stable strategies, Stake Capital will actively manage and rebalance the portfolio according to the updated APY between Strat number 1 to 4 below.
We assumed 0% management fees & 20% Performance fees under 10m, 15% above 10m for Stake Capital.
The performance is denominated in the underlying asset hence there is no benchmark to take into consideration for volatile assets.
For example if Nation3 gives 10 ETH and in 1 month there is 11 ETH. The performance fee will be calculated on 1 ETH without taking into account the ETH price.
Stake Capital will Implement a smart contract to manage the funds.
Stake Capital can :
- Move funds between whitelisted strategies.
- Withdraw perf fees.
Stake capital can’t :
- Withdraw funds from the smart contract (except perf fees) without the permission of Nation3 governance.
Nation3 governance has control over the funds and can withdraw funds with a penalty of:
50k if funds are withdrawn before a 6months period with a starting date of when at least 1m USD are into the Strategies.
Stake capital will produce a reporting that will include the AUM, the strategies, the pnl net and vs the benchmark. The reporting will be done each month.
Performance fees will be calculated and paid on a monthly basis (monthly performance will be taken into account) when the reporting will be issued. If Nation3 decides to add more funds at t, then the performance fees will be calculated and paid to Stake Capital at t based on the previous total AUM on t-1. The timeline will reset with t=0 being the new date when additional funds were added.
- Scenario 1: Stable only
100% in Stable Coins among strategy 1 to 4
- Scenario 2: Stable & ETH options
90% in Stable Coins among strategy 1 to 4
10% in the ETH Covered Calls Option Strategy of Stake DAO (weekly options)
- Scenario 3: Stable, ETH, BTC & GLP
70% in Stable Coins among strategy 1 to 4
10% in the ETH Covered Calls Option Strategy of Stake DAO (selling 10 delta weekly calls)
10% in the BTC Covered Calls Option Strategy of Stake DAO (selling 10 delta weekly calls)
10% in GLP, providing liquidity to GMX and gain trading fees of the platform.