We’ve all been busy building and focusing on the fundamentals the past few months. This has resulted in:
- the release of the most robust governance system DAOs have ever seen;
- implementation of
passports-in-passbook, which allows push notifications and, alongside the ‘
designated-signer’ feature contributes to seamless governance experience;
- the issuance of the first ever cloud nation bond;
- a framework for interconnected, reusable legal agreements;
- the introduction of Nation3 North Star metrics;
- the approaching release of the Nation3 Court
- the currently-forming Solar Guild and emerging efforts to introduce UBI for Nation3 Citizens
For a nation that has only existed for months, I’d say that’s a hell of a progress! But head-down building aside for a second, it’s time to make some noise in the community
Alongside community activation activities I proposed in my previous post, that we are already underway with (eg see the newly established Nation3 Writer’s Guild to make our voice louder), I’d like to propose a Twitter campaign designed to activate and re-energise the wider community.
- create excitement and re-activate the community
- run a viral campaign flying the Nation3 flag
- allocate 50 of the remaining Genesis Passports (and re-ignite interest in the remaining ones)
- gain a larger amount of people that acknowledge Nation3 as a sovereign nation
- all while avoiding bots and mercenaries and focusing on truly committed community members
The campaign would be focused on individuals posting the following tweet, including an image of the Nation3 flag, for a chance to get a Genesis Passport of Nation3 (see below for additional requirements)
I, anastasiyab.eth, hereby plant the flag of @Nation3DAO to recognise it as a #SovereignNation, and aspire to become a Genesis Citizen.
To ensure that we only target aligned community members, and not mercenaries or bots, the following restrictions should apply:
- only holders of tokens of whitelisted DAOs are eligible
- have an ENS name
- only 50 addresses would be chosen randomly to receive the reward
- the selected winners would be required to stake 0.5 $NATION for 4 years, to qualify for the reward of 1.5 $NATION distributed in locked form as a ‘top up’ of their existing locks. This will allow them to claim a Genesis Passport, effectively with a 75% discount.
The tweets can be reviewed by typing “.eth #sovereignnation” into the search box. This avoids over reliance on Twitter API that caused problems in the past. Eligible ENS addresses will be noted.
The whitelisted DAO token ownership can be checked through Guild, and matching addresses can be exported.
Then we cross check the ENS names from Twitter with those approved by Guild, and come up with 50.
The requirement to have a lock with 0.5 $NATION staked for 4 years: both having the lock before the competition started, and creating one within 48h after being selected as a ‘winner’ qualifies.
In the current form, the campaign would require 1.5*50 = 75 $NATION (or 0.18% of total supply) to be set aside for distribution. It’s worth highlighting, however, that this $NATION would be locked in the users’ addresses for 4 years, so it would not directly enter the market or create selling pressure.
North Star Metric
This proposal aims to advance the North Star Metric target of 50 active citizens by the end of Q4 2022.
The campaign raises awareness about Nation3 on Twitter, as well as directly onboards 50 more citizens into the DAO. Moreover, since the campaign requires that participants are members of other aligned DAOs, as well as requires them to put up a financial stake (0.5 $NATION locked for 4 years), it serves as a proxy for selecting citizens who are more likely to be active and involved.
This is the pull request on the governance repo with the actual proposal.